Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nick Names

Imagine a world without nick names, be it for friends, family or..err..teachers!

Nicknaming starts as soon as one arrives in this world, with loads of kisses n hugs..everyone starts calling a newborn child in their own sweet way!

Some names are cute, others sweet.. n others too funny!
some of the names I'd never forget.. right from school days..
I write this..just to relive those memories!

The very first name that comes to my mind is.. "Kichans" (dunno for what reason)
She was a funny lady, with obscure pronunciations of words. I'd almost die laughing when I hear Jennifer imitate her during class hours.

We girls were cricket crazy during school days, and some of our class girls got christened with names of cricket players.
Jenise was called Ajay and Saranya was called Sachin.. (poor Sachin) hehe..
Yevet was called "peter" for obvious reasons *wink*

Those were the days when we(probably only me :|) didn't know what "gay " was.
So a couple of the girls(Abirami and Banu) were called Portia n Bassanio for being such thick friends.

Karthika was called-karo, a variation of crow and the girl didn't seem to bother one bit for being called so. Love ya Karthu :)
and Angelina was called manga(Mango). How these names originated we never knew.

Shiny was called Chiki. The name is still used by all of us :D
We even called a friend of ours "gone with the wind" for being so skinny.

Yes, I understand it wouldn't be fair if I don't disclose my nick.
I was named "Pedigree" by Angel, for I do not know why!!

Then came the college days..

Vaenil was the first one to get a nick.
That too, from our maths prof..


It is a long story..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a comment. It will make me happy :) Thank you for reading