Sunday, September 25, 2011

What do I call you?

When people become friends, so many tags change. Initially you might have addressed them using their surname. Then, there was a time you used their first-name alone. Later, you call them whatever!

I often use endearments with people I like.

My favorite - Sweetheart. If I use sweetheart on you, then you I like you very much, and hold a special place in my heart.
With BFFs - I use whatever! Vaenil n Sush should know this list better than me :)
With girls - Honey, darling, dearie, etc
With guys - Strange as it might sound, I use the words "Fraud" "Donkey" with guys I like.
With younger people - Kiddo tops my list :)


As much as I use endearments, I hate it when people use them, only after we've met a few days back. Or even worse, I've seen people send facebook friend request with "Hi sweetheart", "Hi Dear", etc.

I do not know why people would use endearments on strangers. It is an absolute NO as far as I am concerned. In addition to strangers and I-did-not-know-you-exist-a-few-days-back friends using endearments on me, there is something else I would rather avoid.

For some strange reason that I do not know, I hate the word dear. I cringe when I hear -
"Hi dear"
"How are you, dear?"
"Bye dear!"

Perhaps, I am being too uptight, but that is just me. Endearments fall under the restricted territory to near and dear ones. Trespassing is strictly prohibited, unless I have a huge crush on you :P

1 comment:

Please drop a comment. It will make me happy :) Thank you for reading