Monday, October 24, 2011

A significant few


We come across numerous people in our everyday lives, and not all of them leave a significant mark on us. Some touch our lives, and life is never the same after that.  Here are a significant few, who have changed my life in many ways.

My Dad – He has always been an inspiration. At times, I find fault with his behavior. At times, I am even furious. But, there is something about him that makes me forget all the quirks that he has; that being his huge heart. I have never seen a person more patient, forgiving, modest, and compassionate. I would love to make my dad proud of me someday.

My Mum – She has always been a fighter; right from her childhood days when she had to sell idiyappams for a living. She is a smart woman, who handles her professional and personal lives well. Although I wish, she would handle her personal life a bit better, I always look up to her for all she is that to my dad, bro, and me.

Vaenil (BFF) – I love the fact that she is patient, and manages to keep her cool all the time. Perhaps that is how she puts up with all my nonsense ;) I like her high spirits, and outbursts that range from kiddish to almost brattish depending on her mood and the place :) But most of all, I love the fact that I can say anything to her, and even get away with it!

Sush (BFF) – She is happy all the time, and that is the most appealing thing about her. Perhaps many of my college-mates would agree. She is one of the most fun people that I have met in my life. Now that she in the US, shopping and hanging out with her is something that I sorely miss.

Merlyn (BFF) – For a while, I did not know much about her, but then as I spent more and more time with her, I have come to realize what a wonderful soul she is. I was taught in school to love selflessly, and even though I try to it was never really my cup of tea. But Merlyn, she was a rare personification of that trait. An absolutely adorable female, whose friendship I will cherish forever.

Pascal (Colleague) – Started out as a colleague of whom I was afraid. As days passed by, we became friends rather than colleagues. I found him honest and sincere in his work. His ability to take and handle criticism was something I have never seen before. “X thinks I am a bad employee”, he said to me once. If I were in his position, I would never admit that someone thinks that way about me to anyone even if it were not true. The thing I admired most in him though is that he thinks, “At the end of the day, people are more important than money”.

Mrs. Fabiola (Teacher) – It was not until she came along that I took interest in mathematics. The memory of her teaching me LCM during my 7th standard is something I will never forget. More than Math, it was her motherly nature that drew me towards her. She has been a positive influence in my life, and someone who I will always look up to.

Alberto (Boss) – He always kept me on my toes for the six months that I worked under him. For all that hard work, he taught me stuff that no other fresher would learn in a short span of time. Leading by example was something that he did well. He was Mr. Perfect.
 
Poornima (Lecturer) – Poorni was one of the best lecturers we had in our college. She was smart, intelligent, and cute too! ;) Despite her sharp and quick temper, she was famous among the students. She has a very stern resolve, and strong faith, which are truly admirable qualities.

I might have not included a few here. Perhaps a post some other day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a comment. It will make me happy :) Thank you for reading